If you think the days of teaching grammar, punctuation, and word usage are gone, think again:
- Colleges are still complaining that many of their entering freshmen need remedial grammar and writing.
- Employees are still complaining that their employees cannot write.
- Most people will not do business with a company whose website contains grammatical errors.
- A person’s spoken grammar is one of the most significant first impressions that a person makes.
bigwords101 publishes grammar books your teachers and students will actually want to use. The books are intended for an audience from age 10 through adult and are perfect for students (and for teachers who want to brush up on their grammar skills).
The Best Little Grammar Book Ever covers the most important grammar issues and common mistakes in just about 120 pages with chapter quizzes and a complete index. It has sold thousands of copies and is used by many schools and colleges. Click here for more information. Available in print, PDF, and ebook format.
The Best Grammar Workbook Ever is our newest product. Filled with exercises and both summative and formative quizzes, the workbook contains just about everything a student needs to know to write confidently. The workbook begins with basic grammar, and then goes into depth to solve common mistakes. Punctuation is throughly covered, as is capitalization. A chapter on word usage includes all the most commonly confused word pairs. Answers are included in one of the several appendixes, and there is a complete index. Click here for more information. Available in print, PDF (with internal links), and (coming soon) ebook.
Correct Me If I’m Wrong is another short book with the most common grammar, punctuation, and word usage issues assembled in an easy-to-use alphabetical format, and many people like it for just that reason. Click here for more information. Available in print, PDF, and ebook format.
The Great Grammar Cheat Sheet provides a really quick reference for the peskiest of all grammar and writing issues. Click here for more information. Available in Kindle and PDF format only.
Beyond Worksheets is a compilation of some of my grammar lessons for middle schoolers, which can also be used for high schoolers. Click here for more information. Available in Kindle and PDF format only.
About the Author
The Best Little Grammar Book Ever has sold thousands of copies and is being used by schools and colleges. The purpose of Ms. Miller’s books is to clear up common grammar issues. In addition to writing books, she writes a weekly blog post about grammar.
Miller has been a featured speaker at the Sonoma County (CA) Book Festival, Bay Area Independent Publishing Association (BAIPA), Sonoma County Library, Redwood Writers, Romance Writers of America, Society of Technical Communications, College of Marin, Copperfield’s book store, and several community groups.
She is a member of Redwood Writers and BAIPA.
- B.A. in journalism, M.A. in humanities, California teaching & school administration credentials
- 11 years as a 7th grade English teacher and English department chair
- Continuing education instructor in grammar at local junior colleges
- Corporate trainer in grammar and writing
- Freelance copyeditor for fiction and nonfiction
- 15 years as a technical writer, technical editor, and editing supervisor
- Former newspaper reporter and editor
Please check out Arlene Miller’s books for more reviews and a look inside on Amazon.com.
- For more information, email: email@example.com
- We would be happy to send out a print or PDF copy of any book for your perusal.
- PDF copies of any or all of the books can be ordered from the website.
- Bulk orders at bookstore discount can be ordered by e-mailing us or clicking here (Ingram, Barnes and Noble, and other major distributors).
- OR simply e-mail us with an order: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU FOR JOINING OUR HAPPY CUSTOMERS!