The Best Little Dictionary of Confused Words and Malapropisms
Stumped about any of these? Buy the Book
- Is it hunger pains or hunger pains?
- Do we say runner-ups or runners-up?
- Is it spitting image or spit and image?
- Some time or sometime? Or does it even matter?
- Do I use lay or lie here?
- What is the difference between venal and venial?
- Is shined correct? Or is it shone?
- Is it retroactive to or retroactive from?
- I can’t remember whether to use effect or affect here!
- Is it buck naked or butt naked?
Find the answers to these questions and a whole lot more in Does Your Flamingo Flamenco? The Best Little Dictionary of Confused Words and Malapropisms. What is a malapropism, anyway?
Does Your Flamingo Flamenco? contains over 250 confusing word pairs, word groups, and idioms. Definitions and examples are given for all, and the book is set up alphabetically with cross-references, so it is easy to find what you need.
Never be confused about climatic/climactic or imminent/eminent again!