Did you know….
- Up to 10% of a business’s annual sales are lost due to miscommunication including unclear instructional manuals, hard-to-understand annual reports, and poorly written web copy, creating a poor impression of a business.
- The economy loses approximately $75 billion annually due to poor English-speaking skills.
- The digital age has made good writing more important than ever, since so much of our writing is done via e-mail; a web presence makes good writing much more transparent to customers.
- 70% of small- to mid-sized businesses report that ineffective communication is their primary problem.
- Approximately 30 to 40% of all organizations offer training in remedial writing.
Take Your Pick!
- One-hour talk (choice of language/grammar topics)
- One-hour instructional grammar presentation
- Two-hour grammar/writing workshop
All workshops and presentations are given at your site.
*One-Hour Talk (choice of language/grammar topics) – The Grammar Diva’s talks are both entertaining and educational. Her witty presentation makes grammar and language fun and interesting! Copies of her books will be available or sale. Possible topics include
- Interactive talk about the most common grammar problems
- Questions and answers about grammar, punctuation, capitalization and word use
- The history of the English language
- The evolution of the language: what is changing and what “rules” can you break?
- Readings from The Grammar Diva’s books
- Any combination of the above!
The Grammar Diva has spoken about grammar to The Bay Area Independent Publishers Association, Redwood Writers, Copperfields Books, Borders Books, Romance Writers of America, Society of Technical Communication, Sonoma County Book Festival, College of Marin, Sonoma County Library, and many civic groups. She has appeared on KRCB Radio on A Novel Idea, and Blogtalk Radio with Sharon Michaels, and KGO Radio, San Francisco on the Ronn Owens Show. Listen to her interview with Ronn Owens:
*One-Hour Instructional Grammar Presentation – The presentation is actually a quick lesson in the most common grammar mistakes along with suggestions for better, clearer writing. The presentation includes a fun quiz as a means of instruction. Copies of The Grammar Diva’s books are available for purchase. A great lunch-hour idea!
*Two-Hour Grammar/Writing Workshop – Workshops are aimed at the participants’ particular needs and questions. Arlene Miller covers a great deal in these two hours:
- Review of basic grammar
- Most common grammar mistakes and how to avoid them
- Word usage
- Writing tips and instruction
- Grancell, Lebovitz, Stander, Reubens, and Thomas, Attorneys at Law
- Lawrence Livermore Labs
- Armanino LLP (accountants)
- Palo Alto Networks
Check out the Testimonials!
$200 (plus mileage) for a one-hour presentation or workshop (includes no books, but books are for sale)
$400 (plus mileage) for a two-hour workshop (includes up to 15 books for participants; additional books are available for purchase at a discount)
Call bigwords101 at 707-529-0092 or e-mail us at email@example.com for more information.